One way to come to Barcelona from France is to take the car. If you rent an apartment in Barcelona be sure to use our tips to park in the town. Be aware, even if coming by car has certain advantages, watch for any inconveniences this may cause.
Here are some explanations as well as the do’s and don’ts.
- With a car you can move where you want when you want
- You are not dependent on anyone
- Your schedules are free if the want to stay a little more here or anywhere else you came (very likely)
- You can easily discover the most beautiful corners of Catalonia as the Montserrat.
- It is difficult and expensive to park in town
- Stoppers in the center
- Moving aroud is difficult and even dangerous
- High risk of reposetion of your car if there is no ticket or if you exceed the validity time of your ticket.
It is important to identify the different zones. Spain fines are expensive and frequently given out. In addition the police parking will not hesitate to take the car if it is on a restricted area. This is the case in the district of Borne with the parking area reserved for the staff of justice.
Map of the green zone.
There are many parking garages, you can find the one you want with this link.
Information about the green zone
Address: Oficina del Área Verde Pza. Carles Pi i Sunyer, 8-10, planta baja
Opening times: du lundi au vendredi de 8:30 à 17:30.
The green areas are between € 1.08 and € 3.00 per hour depending on the area (four zones: A, B, C and D) rates also vary depending on the type of site
The blue square: these are places where you can stay in 2.3 or 4 hours depending on what you said the signal from the terminal. the price of these places vary between € 1.08 and € 2.50 depending on the area (Zone A is the most expensive).
The seats reserved for residents: as its name implies, only residents are allowed to park in these locations.
The preferred places for residents: Residents pay the same price as a traditional place, however non-residents will pay between € 2.75 and € 3.00 per hour and can not stay more than one or two hours on the site . The green area is free from 8:00 p.m. to 8:00.
The parking garages cost between € 12 and € 25 per day depending on the area
The Parking B: SM Estación Barcelona-Norte managed by the municipality, Parking offers a package “P-8 Dias” which allows you to leave your car in the secure car park up to 8 consecutive days for only € 76.20 !
You can also choose to leave your car for 24 hours at a price of € 16.55, unbeatable price in town!
This car seems to me the ideal solution if you stay in Barcelona for a longer duration! For more information,click here
– Beware if you are not a resident you can not pay more than 2 hours …
– There are free zones on the outskirts of the city. This can be a good option to leave your vehicle. Be careful not to leave valuables in the car (GPS, radio and ….). Another tip, if you park there, try to find places close to houses and residential areas, not factory closed at night for example.
– Finally, think carefully. Do you really need to take your car? There are so many ways to arrive in Barcelona and travel without a car. Please reflect on buses, trains, airplanes, rail and inter passports so many other …
– If you have not yet found a solution for your car, do not forget that the customers of Oh-Barcelona enjoy an €2 discount on their parking lot with Parking Viajeros.
Accommodation near to parking
Come to Barcelona by car and don’t know where to park? Here’s a selection of apartments for you with parking nearby.
Address Oficina del Área Verde Pza. Carles Pi i Sunyer, 8-10, planta baja
Opening hours du lundi au vendredi de 8:30 à 17:30.
Find the nearest car park to your home: CE SITE